Baseball Toaster was unplugged on February 4, 2009.
Jon's other site:
TV and more ...
1) using profanity or any euphemisms for profanity
2) personally attacking other commenters
3) baiting other commenters
4) arguing for the sake of arguing
5) discussing politics
6) using hyperbole when something less will suffice
7) using sarcasm in a way that can be misinterpreted negatively
8) making the same point over and over again
9) typing "no-hitter" or "perfect game" to describe either in progress
10) being annoyed by the existence of this list
11) commenting under the obvious influence
12) claiming your opinion isn't allowed when it's just being disagreed with
Baseball America has a blog going with frequent updates for the major league draft. Early snippets:
1:16 PM ET: There's Weaver!
Though reports were that Anaheim was all over high school talent, they go with Jered Weaver at No. 12. Owner Arte Moreno apparently is showing again that he's willing to spend.
-- Jim Callis
1:18 PM ET: No Mo' Moneyball?
The Los Angeles Dodgers, with new GM Paul DePodesta, selected high school pitcher Scott Elbert with their first pick.
-- Kevin Goldstein
1:23 PM ET: Two-way talent heads to the Twin-cities
The Twins take Trevor Plouffe (Crespi HS), an intruiging talent as a middle infielder and righthanded pitcher, with the 20th-overall selection.
-- Alan Matthews
1:18 PM ET: No Mo' Moneyball? Redux
After grabbing Missouri HS LHP Scott Elbert at 17, the Dodgers come back with another Missouri HS pick with SS Blake DeWitt at 28. DeWitt, one of the best pure high school hitters in the draft, projects as a third baseman. It's business as usual for scouting director Logan White, who obviously isn't being forced to take college players by new GM Paul DePodesta.
-- Jim Callis
Comment status: comments have been closed. Baseball Toaster is now out of business.